Def Leppard’s Phil Collen: Tom Cruise Calls ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ a Classic (на англ.)

Заголовок сообщения: Def Leppard’s Phil Collen: Tom Cruise Calls ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ a Classic (на англ.)
СообщениеДобавлено: 02 май 2014, 21:27 

Def Leppard’s Phil Collen: Tom Cruise Calls ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ a Classic (на англ.)

“It’s going to be a huge year for us. I definitely have a lot to talk about today,” laughs Def Leppard’s Phil Collen. Noisecreep is hanging with the melodic rock guitar hero discussing the band’s upcoming 2012 schedule when talk about a certain movie star comes up.

“We’ve got the ‘Rock of Ages‘ movie coming out which stars Tom Cruise. He’s singing ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me’ in the film. We actually got to see him film the scene. Def Leppard was on tour in Florida and someone involved with the movie called and invited us to come down to the shoot. It was awesome to see that process.

In ‘Rock of Ages’ (out June 12), Cruise plays Stacee Jaxx, the lead singer of a band called Arsenal. The star goes full-on ’80s for the film, sporting a wig and stage clothes that wouldn’t look out of place in a vintage Warrant or Ratt video. Cruise also handles his own vocal parts in the movie, a task that impressed Collen and his Def Leppard bandmates.

“I can’t wait till people hear him. The guy did a great job. He’s doing my vocal part, Joe’s part – all of them! This is someone who has never sung before. He was doing that thing that a lot of method actors do when they take on a role. They get into character completely. He told us he was taking five hours a day, five days a week, for four to five months, just to get the vocal aspect of the role down. That was fantastic to hear,” says Collen, who also is the frontman and guitarist in Manraze, a killer power trio that features Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols on drums.

Вложения:
phil-collen-tom-cruise-456-010412.jpg
phil-collen-tom-cruise-456-010412.jpg [ 32.33 KiB | Просмотров: 420 ]

Ничто не вызывает с такой силой прошлого, как музыка; она достигает большего: когда она вызывает его, кажется, будто оно само проходит перед нами, окутанное, подобно теням тех, кто дорог нам, таинственным и печальным покровом.
Вернуться наверх